A Safe Method For Detoxing Your Body
With the everyday environmental tressors placed on our bodies it’s good to do a gentle cleanse every now and again. Bentonite Clay is one of the most effective cleansers found in nature. It is a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Once the clay is submerged in water, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. The clay is similar to a porous sponge that soaks up and removes toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals from the body. Bentonite also helps get oxygen to cells as it pulls excess hydrogen and allows the cells to replace it with oxygen instead.
You can find bentonite in many detox cleansers due to its alkalizing effect on the body which helps to balance gut bacteria. The clay also has a high concentration of minerals such as silica, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, and potassium.
Uses for Bentonite Clay:
- Digestive disturbances like acid reflux, constipation, bloating, gas, etc.
- Helping with skin allergies/rashes
- To help provide minerals for the body
- To help speed recovery from vomiting and diarrhea
- Externally for all types of skin problems and to speed healing
How to use Bentonite Clay?
- 1 cup of bentonite clay in a tub half filled with warm water. Soak for about 20 minutes.
- Toxin removing mouth rinse. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup water.
- Internal cleansing drink 1/2-1 teaspoon in a cup of water daily.
- For burns/cuts/irritations apply clay to skin and then seal with a wet gauze. Change the gauze every two hours.
IMPORTANT NOTES: Do not let healing clays like Bentonite come in to contact with anything metal, this can reduce its effectivness. I mix the clay with water in a glass jar with a plastic lid by shaking well or using a plastic whisk. If you take it internally, do not take within an hour of food for best results and do not take within 2 hours of medications or supplements as it might reduce their effectiveness. Bentonite Clay is a veryy safe substance but still check with your doctor before using if you have any medical condition.