There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. Lemons have been known to assist in weight loss, cleanse the liver, used as an antibacterial, antiviral, and boosts the immune system. Lemons contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene which promotes immunity and fights infections.
This just brushes the surface of what this little yellow fruit can provide for our bodies. Here are seven secrets that you might not have known about Lemons.
- Lemons contain citric acid which helps prevent breakouts. Lemons alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
- Reasearch has shown that lemon oil has a calming effect and is a useful aid in relieving fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- If you have a canker sore, mix lemon juice with some water and swish it in your mouth three times a day. Due to lemons anitviral and antibacterial properties they can accelerate the healing process.
- If you have a cold or flu drink fresh squeezed lemon juice tea. The lemons supply vitamin C to your defense cells and helps kill off the virus due to its antiviral properties.
- Research has shown that Lemon oil stimulates brain activity. If you are feeling tired half way through the day add a few drops of lemon oil to your aromatherapy lamp or drink a glass of lemon water every few hours.
- Lemons will give you fresh breath! Rinse your mouth several times a day with fresh squeezed lemon or just chew on a lemon slice.
- Lemons have a powerful alkaline effect in the body and therefore is a natural agent against excess acid. Excess Acid in the body is partially responsible for rheumatism. Either drink the lemon juice when you feel pain or massage lemon oil into the inflammed area of the body.