Burdock is a biennial plant and it is cultivated all across the world. All parts of the plant are used to make medicines, it is the root that makes Burdock so popular, and it is called Gobo. Burdock root is power-packed with calcium, potassium, magnesium, amino acids, carbohydrates, iron, folate, flavonoids, inulin and Vitamins A, C, B1, E, K. Burdock Root benefits are amazing. And burdock tea uses for your own personal health are even more defined and exciting!
Burdock roots have a rich legacy, it was used by the Chinese to cure tonsils, measles, acne, arthritis and many other serious ailments. The Japanese uses Burdock roots to flavor their dishes and make the most of its nutrient value. Burdock belongs to the family of Asteraceae, a distant cousin of Chamomile and Zinnia; the plants under this family are rich in phytochemicals and are used to make medicines.
Don’t get deceived by the modest Burdock roots, wondering why?
Burdock Tea Uses | Burdock Tea Benefits
- A natural Detoxifier: On a daily basis our body has to tolerate ill effects of pollution, stress and attacks from various disease causing pathogens through food. Our lifestyle and bad food habits often cause stress on our liver that helps to purify our body from toxins. When the liver is overworked, these toxins get stored in our bloodstream. That’s bad!
You must be drinking water and fruit juices and taking many herbal medicines to detoxify, but have you tried Burdock root? It works like magic! It removes heavy metals, environmental toxins and other deadly virus from the blood.
- It aids in digestion: burdock roots are high on fiber or inulin which can be readily absorbed by our body. Those who suffer from constipation should have burdock roots for a regular bowel movement. . It wards off pathogens that can cause diarrhea. If you want a healthy gut burdock root will allow ‘good bacteria’ to grow in your colon. It also cures liver and gall bladder ailments.
- Hormonal Balance: Burdock root enables the liver to metabolize hormones like estrogen that cause symptoms like premenstrual syndrome, uterine fibroids and This ensures hormonal balance.
- Healthy scalp: worried about hair loss? Use Bur oil extracted from the roots to allow hair growth. It is rich in phytoserols and fatty acid that allows hair growth. It also prevents hair loss and dandruff.
- Prevents Cancer: many oncologists vouch burdock roots for its anti carcinogenic properties, it prevents cancer cells from metastasizing.
- Cures Burns: Have you burned yourself by accident? Use burdock to recover fast! It is an effective barrier against bacteria and moisture which cause infection.
- Burdock is high in potassium and low in sodium: potassium is a vital part of cells and body fluids that helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate.
- Eliminates skin problems: Burdock has antioxidant values that prevent acne, eczema, psoriasis and dry skin.
- It also clears throat and chest ailments like common colds so that you have a good immune system.
- It reduces the uric acid level in the blood thus preventing gout, arthritis and rheumatism. Also prevents ringworms.
- Eat burdock to whet your appetite and fight anorexia.
- Use it as an aphrodisiac.
You can use Burdock to make yummy soups, juices and salads. You can have it as supplements, fluid extracts, and tinctures for your poultice or sip Burdock tea. Pregnant women should refrain from having burdock for it leads to uterine contractions and premature birth. To ensure the right dose of Burdock you can take doctor’s advice before consuming. Try burdock roots to build a strong immune system and stay healthy.
How to make Burdock Root Tea:
As discussed, Burdock Root Benefits are endless. And there is no easier way to get Burdock Root than by drinking Burdock Root Tea.
First, you want to make sure you scrub your burdock root so that it’s clean. You then want to slice it down (or shred) into pieces that are maybe an inch (or just over) in size. Make sure the roots get dry (just leave them out for half of a day). Now, sautee them in a pan (do not add any oil). You want to roast them. This should take around 10 minutes. Seal them in a container which does not get air. Put them in hot water. Drink. Now, how simple was that? Burdock Root Tea is pretty darn good, and exceptional for your body.