During the Holiday Season there are several ways to make environmentally friendly purchases. Here are a few helpful tips to have fun and help the environment this Christmas.
- Consider purchasing an artificial tree that you reuse every year. If you decide to buy a live tree, replant it after Christmas.
- If you do purchase a live tree, get a smaller one that is easier to cut up and put in your yard waste bin.
- Use LED lights that are energy efficient or don’t put up as many lights.
- Use a timer for your Christmas lights.
- Make homemade ornaments with recycled craft material in your home.
- Use recycled brown paper bags as wrapping paper. You can make pretty bows with leftover fabric from sewing projects. Or use last years ribbon.
- Invest in glass holiday dishes and cloth napkins. Paper napkins and plates offer convenience but waste precious resources.
- Offer to swap decorations with friends so everyone has something new to put up each year.
Hopefully these tips will help you have an Eco-friendly Christmas this year!